Sabado, Pebrero 11, 2012

MUKHANGLIBRO


Nowadays, communication have transformed into another world of happiness brought by it. Internet is one of it's loyal sources. There are websites and other surfing spots for you to enjoy. One of its greatness is Facebook. According to Wikipedia, Facebook is a social networking service and website launched in February 2004, operated and privately owned by Facebook, Inc. As of February 2012, 

Facebook has more than 845 million active users. Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow students Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.The website's membership was initially limited by the founders to Harvard students, but was expanded to other colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. It gradually added support for students at various other universities before opening to high school students, and eventually to anyone aged 13 and over. However, based on ConsumersReports.org in May 2011, there are 7.5 million children under 13 with accounts, violating the site's terms of service.

It ranked number one in many surveys with Myspace as number two. This site is for friendship, application to enjoy, quizzes for relaxation, tips and advises for brokenhearted teens, free chat and other applications making it also considered as one of the most comprehensive site and indeed proving to the surfers that they are the most popular social networking site. It has also different functions such as bridging people, lessening stress and expressing ourselves but due to it's easy mechanics on how to be able to use it's benefits, people get into the boundary of limitations or getting worst.

There are easy steps in using Facebook and it's also my common routine as a common user. First, I go to www.facebook.com. I'll open my account, check my notifications, check the messages and approve friend requests. Of course, due to my privacy I am only accepting those friends requests of the users I've known for so long, my high school classmates, my friends or others I wanted to know more and well. When I get bored I'm also into activating some applications like Tetris and others. 

So easy steps yet confusing for some. In connection with this common steps in using this social networking site, I, as user committed some abusive act as well, some are minor and some are majors. Updating status with some harsh words just to express thoughts, using status as a form of bullying and using status as a form of what we called "parinig" may be so disappointing but  with the results I've experience I am more careful with my words considering words as one of the most powerful thing on Earth. It may also contribute to the growing population of the cyber bullies that may cause traumatic experience. I deactivate my multiple accounts and created another one just to practice the what I called privacy because some of my friends with the other accounts keep on sending messages that attacks me, others pursue on sending spam messages or what they hated most is "palike naman" thingy. I'm just into healthy conversation.

I've learned that every words we express takes a huge part in someone's life. So, be careful with the words we're using in personal talks and of course in Facebook, Twitter or any social networking sites because they were created to makes friends not enemies, to gain lovers not haters and to build rapport rather than difference of opinion, racism and bullying.




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento